Iban Guy

Observations from my daily life in Labuan. Use Mozilla Firefox Browser for best viewing experience. (http://www.mozilla.com). NOTE: Press F5 to refresh your browser if you do not see any update on this blog.

Monday, October 02, 2006

HDD Media Player



I finally got this nifty little gadget lately.It is a hard disk digital Media Player.The player basically plays movies, mp3 songs and other PC readable files on TV.This technology will replace DVD player in the future once it has a 'standard format'.The quality of the movie/video depends on the quality of the file itself.

When you get this gadget, you need 2 things;
1. HDD Media Player
2. 2.5" Hard disk (its a notebook PC hardisk).The hardisk need to be formatted into FAT32 (not NTFS) to enable the media player to read it. The one I got is a 40Gb hardisk and it can basically house 40 movies !!!!

The items above is less than RM400.

Now I can watch all the movies/videos/songs whenever I want.

There are 2 types of the player;
1. HDD Media Player
2. HDD Media Player with OTG (On-The-Go) function

The 1st one needs you to manually downloaded the media files from your PC to the player but the 2nd one automatically downloaded the media to the player when you connect them together.

The Player is made from a company called Keelai and details can be viewed here (http://www.keelai.com)

WARNING: This gadget is not user friendly and you need some PC know how to connect the player to the computer.There are a lot of compatibality issues before I finally get it to work as I want it to.

So, this leads me to announce a new web blog called Sinemayang (www.sinemayang.blogspot.com).This blog will try to review the movies that I watched. Check it out.

5 Comments:

  • At October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oiii Bro, noticed both your new blogs not very friendly, huh.. Doesn't allow anonymous to leave comment(s)....

    JF

     
  • At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let me see...

     
  • At October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JF, I tried the ano posting and it works if you type the word verification correctly.This function is to prevent spammers.

     
  • At October 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The PC will crash if the Player with the HD in it is connected directly to the PC.The HD must be taken out from the player and connect to the PC with a HD external enclosure.The files in the PC then are transfered to the HD.Connect the external enclosure to the PC.The PC should read the HD easily.Once the file transfer is completed,the HD is required to be put back into the HD player.Comprende?

     
  • At January 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a different player from this company. It sucks. I shoved a 300 gig hard drive (3.5) into it, and as a usb drive it works great. As a player its horrible. Every time you do ANYTHING it researches and indexes everthing on the drive. And it takes a LONG time. SO whats the point of having this damn thing when every time I punch a button on the remote I have to wait half an hour for it to re-index (message on screen is "searching"). If anyone knows where to find the imaginary "firmware upgrades" that are provided with the supposed firmware upgrade support, I'd appreciate you pointing out a link for me. Thx.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home