Iban Guy

Observations from my daily life in Labuan. Use Mozilla Firefox Browser for best viewing experience. (http://www.mozilla.com). NOTE: Press F5 to refresh your browser if you do not see any update on this blog.

Monday, August 21, 2006

For My Mother, Regina Dina Simon



The late Regina Dina Simon
(08.03.1949 - 11.08.2006)

My beloved mother passed away on 11th August 2006. No words can describe the feeling I felt from then on. This poem somehow reflects my feelings for her then, now and forever. Mom, see you in the next life.

You Were My Mother and My Friend

You were my mother and my friend,
Which was unusual.
Somehow our characters still blend:
Your wisdom and my will.

I turned, and you were there for me;
I spoke, you understood.
I felt cared for, but also free;
You loved, and I was good.

I'm fortunate that I was born
To someone just like you;
I love you still. Though you are gone,
You live in what I do.

Death is nothing but a moment's rest
Until the Second Coming of the Lord
When He shall gather to Him of the best
To take them to the place of their reward.
You've felt the power of Jesus in your soul
Shining like a golden sun within,
Melting your hard heart to make you whole,
Burning out the remnants of your sin.
You've felt Him work within you, so I know
The glory that will come when you awake.
You'll sleep just like a child who'll homeward go,
And in your dreams of love great pleasure take.
So do not mourn death, and do not grieve.
The Lord will come for us: This I believe.

Recently I dreamed I talked to you.
You were in the desert, and you said
That I would never want for love, for you
Would love me now until the end of time.

I cannot think that you are wholly gone,
That one day you could simply be no more,
And it should come about that your bright soul
Would vanish like a rainbow in the darkness.

For me it is as if you were away,
Somewhere on a very long vacation.
And though I know you're dead, you do not seem
To be beyond the boundaries of my love.

Our souls do not abide in days or hours
But in a love that never, never ends.
You will be with me till life is over,
Then I with you somewhere beyond the stars.

8 Comments:

  • At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for the lovely poem, frank...she definitely loved it.i'm gonna miss her so very much.

     
  • At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    condolences to you and the family. may her soul rest in peace.

     
  • At August 24, 2006, Blogger Rentap said…

    Hi guys, thanks for visiting the blog and notice that I will not see my mom again until it is my turn to leave this world.We all miss her.

     
  • At September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My deepest condolences to you & your family. Am sure your mum was very proud to raised a filial son like you. And am very touched with the beautiful poem youdedicated to your beloved late mum.

     
  • At September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The above is from: JF

     
  • At September 08, 2006, Blogger Desmond Douglas Jerukan said…

    My condolence - I have not been blogging for so long until I saw this :( I am sad as I know ur Mum well when we were in Rajang Park.

     
  • At September 10, 2006, Blogger Rentap said…

    Hi JF, thank u for ur comments.I am doing the best I can to be the person she wants me to be.

    Hi Desmond, thanks for ur comments too. Your parents came to see us when they were in the longhouse.It was a very touching gesture and we appreciate it very much.

     
  • At September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very touching..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home