Iban Guy

Observations from my daily life in Labuan. Use Mozilla Firefox Browser for best viewing experience. (http://www.mozilla.com). NOTE: Press F5 to refresh your browser if you do not see any update on this blog.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Trip from Kota Kinabalu-Miri-Sibu

Introduction: I have difficulty blogging this topic because somehow the pictures attached refuse to appear in the blog if I make this blog into 1 document. So I split it up into pieces and this is the start of the blog until I reached Sibu.

Trip from Kota Kinabalu-Miri-Sibu

I went back to my hometown Sibu, Sarawak for Gawai (Dayak's Harvest Festival) on 29 May 2006. Since I just bought a new car, I intend to find out what the car can do on such a long journey (about 900km).At the same time, I want to experience the journey from Kota Kinabalu (KK) to Sibu. I was joined by my in-laws for the trip.

Day 1 - KK to Miri

We took off about 8 am from KK on 29 May 06 towards Sidumin, a town at the Sarawak border. We passed by Papar, Beaufort, Sipitang & Weston on the way. Make a note to stop at Sipitang town because it has a great seaside view. We reached the Sabah-Sarawak Merapok/Siduman Checkpoint to enter Sarawak.

The trip was possible because of this car below, Mitsubishi Lancer GLX.

2 Comments:

  • At June 21, 2006, Blogger Desmond Douglas Jerukan said…

    Wah u did not tell me u were in Sibu....enti nemu sure aku ngabang :)

     
  • At June 21, 2006, Blogger Rentap said…

    Hi bro,
    Aku enda ingat kita bisi di Sibu. Jangka aku kita di Kuching maia Gawai. Enti aku di Kuching, aku ngiga kita meh.Tambah mega kami begawai di Bawang Assan bulan tu tadi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home