Iban Guy

Observations from my daily life in Labuan. Use Mozilla Firefox Browser for best viewing experience. (http://www.mozilla.com). NOTE: Press F5 to refresh your browser if you do not see any update on this blog.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Playstation 2 - My Escape From The Real World


Playing video games is my favourite passtime. It borders into an obsession. I have the SCPH 5000 model that rocks!!!! Bought it in Imbi Plaza for RM900 in 2003. I have about 50 PS2 games in my collection now and I only finished Final Fantasy 10 !!!! I am almost done with Shadow Hearts:Covenants.

I started playing computer games since 1996 on an Amstrad PC. I played PC games ever since and witnessed the progress of the PC games industry ever since. The only glaring improvement was the graphics area. The resources needed to generate the graphics in a PC games increased manyfold.

Then I discovered PS One in 2000. It provided a different 'feel' to the PC games. I still can play my PS One games on my PS2 console. My favorite game for PSOne is Vagrant Story. I fell in love with the characters. Currently the best game developer for RPGs is Square Enix.

Playstation gamers are a cult itself. Within the cult, there are many members with different game-taste. Some gamers likes RPG, Fighting, FPS or Sports. I like RPGs.

When I pick up the PS2 gamepad, I am transported to another world. Its the best way to forget the real world we live in day to day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home